You’ve found the property, you’ve done some negotiations and now you need to make it all come together. To complete the purchase of this property, you need a conveyancer.
That’s where Edmonds comes in. We know conveyancing inside and out. We live and breathe it and we love seeing our clients making their property dreams come true. Contact our team today to discuss how we can make this happen for you too. Edmonds is conveyancing, your way.
Need a flexible approach to conveyancing?
Whether it’s your first time purchasing property, or you’re an old hand at it, every property is different and so every transaction requires the same high degree of attention to detail.
To take, as much stress out of the process as possible, we have developed our business around our clients. We have the capability to complete your transaction 100% remotely – there’s no need to visit our office. You’re welcome any time of course, but we’re certain you have better things to do!
How Edmonds-style conveyancing works
Edmonds follows an important staged process to complete the purchase of the property you’ve found. We represent you and your interests.
So, we’re involved in every part of this and will keep you, your agent, broker and other parties up to date at every stage.
- Once you have made an offer to the seller’s agent, Edmonds will obtain a copy of the contract, review and then negotiate any required amendments or special conditions
- We order pest, building, survey and strata reports (when required)
- We’ll arrange for an inspection of council records
- We’ll also liaise with your lender to ensure loan approval
- Once you have paid a deposit, Edmonds will explain the contract to you and organise signing
- Then we’ll send the contract to the seller’s conveyancer to be exchanged
- We take care of ordering and reviewing any remaining searches
- First home buyer? We’ll assist you to complete the stamp duty exemption form
- Prepare a property transfer and arrange to have the Transfer and the Contract for Sale form stamped to indicate that stamp duty has been paid
- Edmonds will liaise with the seller’s solicitor or conveyancer and your lender to confirm settlement figures and to book a settlement date
- Importantly, we’ll also ensure your lender will have funds available on settlement
- Then we advise you and your lender of final settlement figures
- Edmonds will attend to settlement and ensure the title documents are in order
- We’ll pay settlement monies to the seller’s conveyancer
- The best part – we’ll contact you and the selling agent to confirm settlement has occurred
- Edmonds will lodge the Transfer and Notice of Sale with the Department of Lands (for purchasers without a mortgage)
- We also retain your file for seven years, making it easy for you to provide us with instructions should you decide to sell the property within this timeframe
There are many moving parts to these stages. Edmonds has been in operation for over 16 years and brings 50 years’ experience to our clients and a true passion for delivering the highest level of service. We pride ourselves on our on-time settlement rate and love that so many of our clients return for future transactions.